last update 29 Jan 2017
AUDIO CRYPTOGRAPHY AND SECRET SHARING:
- Y. Desmedt, S. Hou, and J. Quisquater. 1988. “Audio and optical cryptography,” Advances in Cryptology - Asiacrypt'98, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, LNCS 1514, pp.392–404, SpringerVerlag, 1998
- Li, Chen-Chi , Laih, Chi-Sung, Yang, Chin-Nung. 2003. New Audio Secret Sharing Schemes With Time Division Technique. Journal of Information Science and Engineering, volume 19(4), Institute of Information Science, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan, pp 605-614, 2003.
- Amresh Nikam, Poonam Kapade, Sonali Patil. 2010. Audio Cryptography: A (2, 2) Secret Sharing for Wave File. Published by International Journal of Computer Science and Application Issue 2010 ISSN 0974-0767 96
- Khobragade, P. V. and Uke, Nilesh. Cogent Sharing Of Covert File Using Audio Cryptographic Scheme. Published by International Journal of Applied Information Systems (IJAIS) – ISSN : 2249-0868 Foundation of Computer Science FCS, New York, USA Volume 1– No.8, April 2012 – www.ijais.org
- Washio, Shinya and Watanabe, Yodai. Security of Audio Secret Sharing Scheme Encrypting Audio Secrets with Bounded Shares. 2014 IEEE International Conference on Acoustic, Speech and Signal Processing (ICASSP)
- Norihiro Fujita, Ryouichi Nishimura andYoiti Suzuki. 2006. “Audio secret sharing for 1-bit audio” -Acoust. Sci. & Tech. 27, 3 (2006)
- Naskar, Prabir Kr. ; Khan,Hari Narayan; Roy, Ujjal ; Chaudhuri, Ayan ; Chaudhuri, Atal. 2011. Shared Cryptography with Embedded Session Key for Secret Audio. Published by International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 26– No.8, July 2011
- Desmedt, Y. and Hou, S. and Quisquater, J.J.: Cerebral Cryptography. Workshop on information hiding, Preproceedings, April 15-17, 1998, Portland, Oregon, USA.
- Lin, C. C., Laih, C. S., Yang, C. N., ”New Audio Secret Sharing Schemes With Time Division Technique”,J.ofIn- formation Science and Engineering, 19, pp. 605-614, 2003
- Norihiro Fujita, Ryouichi Nishimura, “Audio secret sharing for 1-bit audio”, Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Acoust. Sci. & Tech. 27, 3, 2006.
- R.Gnanajeyaraman, K.Prasadh , Dr.Ramar, “ Audio encryption using higher dimensional chaotic map”, International Journal of Recent Trends in Engineering, Vol. 1, No. 2, May 2009.
- R Sridevi, Dr. A Damodaram, Dr. Svl.Narasimham, “Efficient Method Of Audio Steganography By Modified Lsb Algorithm And Strong Encryption Key With Enhanced Security”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information Technology, 2009.
- Yusuf Adriansyah, “Simple Audio Cryptography”, Journal of Theoretical and Applied Information technology, Institute Teknologi Bandung,Ganesha Bandung, 40132, Indonesia, 29 April 2010.
- Zamani M., Ahmad R.B., Manaf A.B.A., Zeki A.M., 2013. “An Approach to Improve the Robustness of Substitution Techniques of Audio Steganography”, in Proc. IEEE International Conference on Computer Science and Information Technology, ICCSIT pp: 5-9, 2009.
ACOUSTIC AND HARDWARE-BASED CRYPTANALYSIS :
- Daniel Genkin, Adi Shamir and Eran Tromer, 2013. "RSA Key Extraction via Low-Bandwidth Acoustic Cryptanalysis". Cryptology ePrint Archive: Report 2013/857. Online publication at Technion and Tel Aviv University. Here.
- Daniel Genkin, Lev Pachmanov, Itamar Pipman and Eran Tromer, 2015. "Stealing Keys from PCs using a Radio: Cheap Electromagnetic Attacks on Windowed Exponentiation". Here
- Michael Backes, Markus Durmuth, Sebastian Gerling, Manfred Pinkal, Caroline Sporleder. “Acoustic Side-Channel Attacks on Printers”. http://bit.ly/1UzN5k3
- PhD Thesis: "Hardware-based Cryptanalysis" by Eran Tromer, supervised by Adi Shamir (2007). http://bit.ly/1Pqg1Mv
- Ahmad, D. and P. Mohammad, 2008. Adaptive digital audio steganography based on integer wavelet transform. Circ. Syst. Signal Process., 27: 247-2590.
- Ahmad, D. and P. Mohammad 2009. Adaptive and Efficient Audio DataHiding Method in Temporal Domain. International Conference on Information and Communication Systems.
- Gopalan K., 2004. Cepstral Domain Modification of Audio Signals for Data Embedding-Preliminary Results. Proceeding of 16th Annual Symposium on Electronic Imaging--Security, Steganography and Watermarking of Multimedia Contents VI, San Jose, CA, January.
- Gurvinder, S., S.K. Dey, S. Dubey and S. Katiyal, 2009. Increasing the efficiency of Echo Hiding Digital Audio Steganography. 4th National Conference, INDIACom-2010 Computing for National Development, Bharati Vidya peeth’s Institute of Computer Applications and Management, New Delhi.
- Kekre, H.B., A. Archana R. Swarnalata and A. Uttara, 2010. Information hiding in audio signals. Int. J. Comput. Appl., 7(9).
- Mazdak, Z., A.M. Azizah, B.A. Rabiah, M.Z. Akram and A.., Shahidan, 2009. A genetic-algorithm-based approach for audio steganography. World Acad. Sci. Eng., Technol., 52: 360-363.
- Nedeljko, C. and S.A. Tapio, 2005. Increasing robustness of lsb audio steganography by reduced distortion lsb coding. J. Universal Comput. Sci. 11(1): 56-65.
- Samir, K.B. Tuhin, U.P. and Ra., Avishek, 2011. A robust audio steganographic technique based on phase shifting and psycho-acoustic persistence of human hearing ability. Int. J. Comput. Corporate Res., 1(1).
- Sami, K.B. and D. Biswajita, 2011. Higher LSB layer based audio steganography technique, IJECT, 2(4).
- Sridevi, R., A. Damodaram and S.V.L. Narasimham, 2005. Efficient method of audio steganography by modified LSB algorithm and strong encryption key with enhanced security. J. Theor. Appl. Inf. Technol., 769-771.
- Roman V. Yampolskiy. Department of Computer Engineering and Computer Science Speed School, University of Louisville Louisville, KY USA
- O. Kurtuldu and N. Arica, "A new steganography method using image layers," in Computer and Information Sciences, 2008. ISCIS '08. 23rd International Symposium on, 2008, pp. 1-4.
L. Xiangyang, L. Bin, L. Fenlin, "A Dynamic Compensation LSB Steganography Resisting RS Steganalysis," in SoutheastCon, 2006. Proceedings of the IEEE, 2006, pp. 244-249.
- Provos, N. (2001). Scanning USENET for Steganography. from http://niels.xtdnet.nl/stego/usenet.php
- M. Shirali-Shahreza, "Steganography in MMS," in Multitopic Conference, 2007. INMIC 2007. IEEE International, 2007, pp. 1-4.
- Nishith Sinha, Anirban Bhowmick, B. Kishore. (2015)“Encrypted Information Hiding using Audio Steganography and Audio Cryptography”. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 112 – No. 5, February 2015
- S. Das, B. Bandyopadhyay and S. Sanyal, “Steganography and Steganalysis: different approaches”, Cornell University Library, 2011.
- Wang H and Wang S, “Cyber warfare: Steganography vs. Steganalysis”, Communications of the ACM, vol. 47, no. 10, 2004
- Unik Lokhande, A. K. Gulve, “Steganography using Cryptography and Pseudo Random Numbers”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 96– No.19, June 2014
- Komal Patel, Sumit Utareja, Hitesh Gupta, “Information Hiding using Least Significant Bit Steganography and Blowfish Algorithm”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 63– No.13, February 2013
- Md. Shafakhatullah Khan, V.Vijaya Bhasker, V. Shiva Nagaraju, “An Optimized Method for Concealing Data using Audio Steganography”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 33– No.4, November 2011
- Hernandez-Castro, J; Blasco-Lopez,I; Estevez-Tapiadora, J; Ribagorda-Garnachoa, A: Steganography in games: A general methodology and its application to the game of Go. 2005. Elsevier Ltd. 0167-4048/$
- NAKAJIMA, Mizuho and YAMAGUCHI, Yasushi "EXTENDED VISUAL CRYPTOGRAPHY FOR NATURAL IMAGES". Web source: http://bit.ly/1Cw18SC. Last visited 1, July 2015.
- Naor, M., Shamir, A.: Visual cryptography. In Advances in Cryptology — Eurocrypt ’94, Proceedings (Lecture Notes in Computer Science 950) (May 9–12, 1995). A. D. Santis, Ed. Springer-Verlag pp. 1–12
- P.A. Eisen and D.R. Stinson, Threshold Visual Cryptography Schemes With Specified Whiteness Levels of Reconstructed Pixels, Designs, Codes and Cryptography, volume 25, pp 15-61, 2002.
- M. Naor and A. Shamir, Visual Cryptography, Advances in Cryptology - EUROCRYPT '94, A. De Santis (Ed.), volume 950 of Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp 1-12, 1995.
- S. Droste, New Results on Visual Cryptography, in CRYPTO '96, Lecture Notes in Computer Science vol. 1109, pages 401-415. SpringerVerlag, 1996.
- G. Ateniese, C. Blundo, A. De Santis, and D.R. Stinson, Constructions and Bounds for Visual Cryptography, in proc. 23rd International Colloquium on Automata, Languages and Programming, F.M. auf der Heide and B. Monien (Ed.), volume 1099, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, Germany, pp 416-428, 1996.
- C. Chang, M.-S. Hwang, and T.-S. Chen, “A new encryption algorithm for image cryptosystems,” Journal of Systems and Software, vol. 58, no. 2, pp. 83–91, 2001. - - K. D. Rao, K. P. Kumar, and P. V. M. Krishna, “A new and secure cryptosystem for image encryption and decryption,” IETE Journal of Research, vol. 57, no. 2, pp. 165–171, 2011.
- W. Kasprzak and A. Cichocki, “Hidden image separation from incomplete image mixtures by independent component analysis,” in Proceedings of the 13th International Conference on Pattern Recognition, vol. 2, pp. 394–398, Vienna, Austria, 1996.
- W. Ran-Zan, "Region Incrementing Visual Cryptography," Signal Processing Letters, IEEE, vol. 16, pp. 659-662, 2009.
- R. Lukac and K. N. Plataniotis, "Colour image secret sharing," Electronics Letters, vol. 40, pp. 529-531, 2004.
- J. Cai, "A Short Survey on Visual Cryptography Schemes." 2004
- George Abboud, Jeffrey Marean, Roman V. Yampolskiy: Steganography and Visual Cryptography in Computer Forensics Oakland, CA, USA May 20, 2010 to May 20, 2010 ISBN: 978-0-7695-4052-8 pp: 25-32
- Yambem Jina Chanu, Kh. Manglem Singh, Themrichon Tuithung, “Image Steganography and Steganalysis: A Survey”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 52– No.2, August 2012
- V. Lokeswara Reddy, A Subramanyam , P Chenna Reddy, “A Novel Approach for Hiding Encrypted Data in Image, Audio and Video using Steganography”, International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887) Volume 69– No.15, May 2013
SPEECH / AUDIO SCRAMBLING AND SPEECH ENCRYPTION:
- H. J. Beker and F. C. Piper, Secure Speech Communications, Academic Press, London, UK, 1985.
- D. P. W. Ellis (2010). Time-domain scrambling of audio signals in Matlab", web resource: http://bit.ly/1MoQQqp
- Q.H. Lin, F.-L. Yin, T.-M. Mei, and H. Liang, “A blind source separation based method for speech encryption,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, vol. 53, no. 6, pp. 1320–1328, 2006.
- H Li, Z Qin, XP Zhang, LP Shao, An n-dimensional space audio scrambling algorithm based on random matrix. J. Xi’an Jiaotong Univ. 44(4), 13–17 (2010)
- D. Ellis and K.S. Lee (2004). "Minimal-Impact Audio-Based Personal Archives", First ACM workshop on Continuous Archiving and Recording of Personal Experiences CARPE-04, New York, Oct 2004, pp. 39-47.
- H Li, Z Qin, Audio scrambling algorithm based on variable dimension spaces, in International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems, ed. by 1st edn. (West Bengal, India, 2009), pp. 316–319
- Lee, Lin-Shan and Chou, Ger-Chih (1984). A New Time Domain Speech Scrambling System Which Does Not Require Frame Synchronization. IEEE Journal of Selected Areas in Communications.
- B. Goldburg, S. Sridharan, and E. Dawson, “Design and cryptanalysis of transform-based analog speech scramblers,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 11, no. 5, pp. 735–744, 1993.
- Li Zeng, Xiongwei Zhang, Liang Chen, Zhangjun Fan, Yonggang Wang EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing 2012, 2012:257 (28 December 2012)
- D S Anjana , Kuriakose Minu. Frequency Speech Scrambler based on Hartley Transform and OFDM Algorithm. International Journal of Computer Applications (0975 – 8887). Volume 61– No.8, January 2013
- Ehsani, M.S. and Borujeni, S.E. (2002). Fast Fourier transform speech scrambler. Proceedings of The First International IEEE Symposium on Intelligent Systems, Vol. 1, pp. 248 - 251
- Y. Minagawa-Kawai, H. van der Lely, F. Ramus, Y. Sato, R. Mazuka, and E. Dupoux (2010).
"Optical Brain Imaging Reveals General Auditory and Language-Specific Processing in Early Infant Development",
Cereb. Cortex, advance access, 2010.
- Mitchell, C.J.; Piper, F.C (1985). A classification of time element speech scramblers. Journal of the Institution of Electronic and Radio Engineers, Vol. 55, pp. 391 - 396.
- E Del Re, R Fantacci, D Maffucci, A new speech signal scrambling method for secure communications: theory, implementation, and security evaluation. IEEE J. Sel. Areas Commun. 7(4), 474–480 (1989)
- Woo, Raymond W. and Leung, Cyril (1997). A New Key Generation Method for Frequency-Domain Speech Scramblers, IEEE Transactions on Communications, VOL. 45, NO. 7, July 1997, pp. 749-752.
- A. Matsunaga, K. Koga, and M. Ohkawa, “Analog speech scrambling system using the FFT technique with high-level security,” IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, vol. 7, no. 4, pp. 540–547, 1989.
- Sakurai, K. Koga, K. Muratani, T. (1984). A Speech Scrambler Using the Fast Fourier Transform Technique. IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications, Vol. 2, pp. 432-442.
- F.L. Ma, J. Chen, and Y.-M. Wang, “Wavelet transform-based analogue speech scrambling scheme,” Electronics Letters, vol. 32, no. 8, pp. 719–721, 1996.
- L Nan, S Yanhong, Z Jiancheng, An audio scrambling method based on Fibonacci transformation. J. North China Univ. Technol. 16(3), 8–11 (2004)
- V Senk, VD Delic, VS Milosevic, A new speech scrambling concept based on Hadamard matrices. IEEE Signal Process. Lett. 4(6), 161–163 (1997)
L.J. Sheu, H.-S. Chiou, and W.-C. Chen, “A semi-one time pad using blind source separation for speech encryption,” World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology, vol. 5, no. 8, 2011.
- S. M. H. Alwahbani and E. B. M. Bashier, “Speech scrambling based on chaotic maps and one time pad,” in Proceedings of the International Conference on Computing, Electrical and Electronics Engineering (ICCEEE '13), pp. 128–133, August 2013.
L. J. Sheu, “A speech encryption using fractional chaotic systems,” Nonlinear Dynamics, vol. 65, no. 1-2, pp. 103–108, 2011.
- G. Manjunath and G. V. Anand, “Speech encryption using circulant transformations,” in Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Multimedia and Expo (ICME '02), vol. 1, pp. 553–556, 2002.
- X.-R. Cao and R. Liu, “General approach to blind source separation,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 44, no. 3, pp. 562–571, 1996. B. Schneier, Applied Cryptography: Protocols, Algorithms and Source Code in C, John Wiley & Sons, 1996.
- A.Srinivasan, P.Arul Selvan: “A Review of Analog Audio Scrambling Methods for Residual Intelligibility”. Innovative Systems Design and Engineering www.iiste.org ISSN 2222-1727 ISSN 2222-2871 (Online) Vol 3, No 7, 2012
CRYPTOGRAPHY MANUALS, MATHS AND COMPUTING:
- Poole, William. 2011. A late sicteenth-Century Cryptographic al tratise: JACOBUS COLIUS'S 'TRACTATUS DE FICTIS CHARACTERIBUS' (1584–86). Journal of the Warburg and Courtauld Institutes, Vol. 74 (2011), pp. 213-239.
- Pesic, Peter. 1997. Secrets, Symbols, and Systems: Parallels between Cryptanalysis and Algebra, 1580-1700. Source: Isis, Vol. 88, No. 4 (Dec., 1997), pp. 674-692. Published by: The University of Chicago Press on behalf of The History of Science Society.
- Clagett, Marshall. 1987. Computer-Generated Hieroglyphs. Source: Proceedings of the American Philosophical Society, Vol. 131, No. 2 (Jun., 1987), pp. 197- 223 Published by: American Philosophical Society
- Ellison, Katherine. 2011. Millions of Millions of Distinct Orders: Multimodality in Seventeenth-Century Cryptography Manuals. Vol. 14, (2011) (pp. 1-24)
- Stinson, Douglas R. 1995. Cryptography Theory and Practice. Published by CRC Press, Inc
- Menezes, Alfred J. ; van Oorschot Paul C. and Vanstone, Scott A. 1996. Handbook of Applied Cryptography. Published by CRC Press ISBN: 0-8493-8523-7 October 1996, 816 pages
- Nishanth Chandran, Vipul Goyal, Ryan Moriarty, Rafail Ostrovsky: Position Based Cryptography, Department of Computer Science, UCLA. SIAM J. Comput., 43(4), 1291–1341. (51 pages). 2014, Society for Industrial and Applied Mathematics
- Behrouz A. Forouzan, “Cryptography and Network Security” special Indian Edition 2007, Tata McGraw- Hill Publishing Company Limited, New Delhi.
- Milone, Mark G. 2002. Hacktivism: Securing the National Infrastructure. Source: The Business Lawyer, Vol. 58, No. 1 (November 2002), pp. 383-413 Published by: American Bar Association.
- Revolution or evolution? Information Security 2020. Web source: http://bit.ly/1KYpOpG. Last visited 1, July 2015
- CLUE cybersecurity research database by Tom Illube. Web source: http://bit.ly/1zXjGJ3 Last visited 1, July 2015
- A Roadmap for Cybersecurity Research. Homeland Security. 2009. Web source: http://1.usa.gov/1K15LUn. Last visited 1, July 2015
- CYBERSECURITY Research and innovation for a more secure Britain. Web source: http://bit.ly/1Mni11V. Last visited 1, July 2015
- Van Zoonen, L. 2014. What do users want from their future means of Identity Management? Web source: http://bit.ly/1HnjmUY. Last visited 1, July 2015
- Secure SoC Manufacturing: Foundation for a Connected World. Web source: http://bit.ly/1KYx7gZ. Last visited 1, July 2015
- Donohue, Laura K. 2006. Anglo-American Privacy and Surveillance. Source: The Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology (1973-), Vol. 96, No. 3 (Spring, 2006), pp. 1059-1208
- Motorola Two-Way Encryption Products and Protocols. Web source: http://bit.ly/1HniShE. Last visited 1, July 2015
- Makwana, Vinita, Parmar, Neha. 2014. Encrypt an Audio file using Combine Approach of Transformation and Cryptography. IJCSIT. International Journal of Computer Science and Information Technologies, Vol. 5 (3) , 2014, 4473-4476. Web source: http://bit.ly/1HVGPye. Last visited 1, July 2015
- Kaur, Manpreet and Kau, Sukhpreet. 2014. Survey of Various Encryption Techniques for Audio Data. Volume 4, Issue 5, May 2014 ISSN: 2277 128X International Journal of Advanced Research in Computer Science and Software Engineering. Web source: http://bit.ly/1D8GhiV. Last visited 1, July 2015
- K. Li, Y. C. Soh, and Z. G. Li, “Chaotic cryptosystem with high sensitivity to parameter mismatch,” IEEE Transactions on Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, vol. 50, no. 4, pp. 579–583, 2003.
- Y. P. Zhang, F. Duan, and X. Liu, “The research of applying chaos theory to speech communicating encryption system,” in Advances in Multimedia, Software Engineering and Computing Vol.2, vol. 129 of Advances in Intelligent and Soft Computing, pp. 197–202, Springer, Berlin, Germany, 2011.
- D.-P. Guo and Q.-H. Lin, “Fast decryption utilizing correlation calculation for BSS-based speech encryption system,” in Proceedings of the 6th International Conference on Natural Computation (ICNC '10), vol. 3, pp. 1428–1432, August 2010.
MUSIC CIPHERS AND METAPHORS IN CRYPTOGRAPY:
- Jakovljevic, Branislav. 2001. "Lapa", the Manuscript Play: Introducing Daniil Kharms Source: PAJ: A Journal of Performance and Art, Vol. 23, No. 2 (May, 2001), pp. 75-88 Published by: Performing Arts Journal, Inc.
- Bergsagel, John. 1968. Musical Ciphers. Source: Music & Letters, Vol. 49, No. 2 (Apr., 1968), pp. 195-196 Published by: Oxford University Press
- Locke, Benjamin. 1998. Christiane: Cryptography in Brahms's "Ein deutsches Requiem". Source: The Choral Journal, Vol. 39, No. 2 (Sept. 1998), pp. 9-12, 14 Published by: American Choral Directors Association
- Perkin, John. 2010. New Solutions for Lili Boulanger's "Psaume 130, Du fond de l'abîme", Part2. Source: The Choral Journal, Vol. 50, No. 11 (JUNE / JULY 2010), pp. 18-26 Published by: American Choral Directors Association
- Davies, H. Neville. 1967 The History of a Cipher, 1602-1772 Source: Music & Letters, Vol. 48, No. 4 (Oct., 1967), pp. 325-329 Published by: Oxford University Press
- Campbell, Mary Baine. 2011. Speedy Messengers: Fiction, Cryptography, Space Travel, and Francis Godwin's The Man in the Moone. The Yearbook of English Studies, Vol. 41, No. 1, Travel and Prose Fiction in Early Modern England (2011), pp. 190-204. Published by: Modern Humanities Research Association.
- Froomkin, A. Michael. 1995. The Metaphor Is the Key: Cryptography, the Clipper Chip, and the Constitution. Source: University of Pennsylvania Law Review, Vol. 143, No. 3 (Jan., 1995), pp. 709-897 Published by: The University of Pennsylvania Law Review
- Stras, Laurie . 'Al gioco si conosce il galantuomo': Artifice, Humour and Play in the 'Enigmi musicali' of Don Lodovico Agostini. Source: Early Music History, Vol. 24 (2005), pp. 213-286 Published by: Cambridge University Press
- Shoptaw, John. 2000. Lyric Cryptography. Poetics Today Vol. 21, No. 1 (Spring, 2000) (pp. 221-262)
- Kotz, Liz. 2001. Post-Cagean Aesthetics and the "Event" Score Source: October, Vol. 95 (Winter, 2001), pp. 54-89 Published by: The MIT Press
- Sams, Eric. 1970. Variations on an Original Theme (Enigma). Source: The Musical Times, Vol. 111, No. 1525 (Mar., 1970), pp. 258-262 Published by: Musical Times Publications Ltd.
- Pearson, Wendy. 1999. Alien Cryptographies: The View from Queer. Source: Science Fiction Studies, Vol. 26, No. 1 (Mar., 1999), pp. 1-22 Published by: SF-TH Inc.
- Mazzola, Elizabeth. The Renaissance Englishwoman in Code: 'Blabbs' and Cryptographers at Elizabeth l's Court. Critical Survey, Vol. 22, No. 3 (2010), (pp. 1-20)
ANTHROPOLOGICAL CRYPTOGRAPHY AND THE GLYPH:
- Coggins, Clemency Chase. 1988. Classic Maya Metaphors of Death and Life. Source: RES: Anthropology and Aesthetics, No. 16 (Autumn, 1988), pp. 64-84 Published by: The President and Fellows of Harvard College acting through the Peabody Museum of Archaeology and Ethnology
- Beyer, Hermann. 1936. Mayan Hieroglyphs: Glyph G 8 of the Supplementary Series. Source: American Anthropologist, New Series, Vol. 38, No. 2 (Apr. - Jun., 1936), pp. 247-249 Published by: Wiley on behalf of the American Anthropological Association
- Closs, Michael P. 1988. A Phonetic Version of the Maya Glyph for North. Source: American Antiquity, Vol. 53, No. 2 (Apr., 1988), pp. 386-393. Published by: Society for American Archaeology
- Campbell, Lyle. Mayan glyphs: The verbs. 1982. Source: Language, Vol. 60, No. 3 (Sep., 1984), pp. 621-625 Published by: Linguistic Society of America; Austin: University of Texas Press, 1982.Pp. x, 427
- Jones, P. M. E. 1989. The Nature of the Hieroglyph. 1989. Source: The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology, Vol. 75 (1989), pp. 245-246 Published by: Egypt Exploration Society
- Murray, M. A. 1948. The Serpent Hieroglyph. Source: The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology, Vol. 34 (Dec., 1948), pp. 117-118 Published by: Egypt Exploration Society
- Griffith, F. Ll. 1951. The Decipherment of the Hieroglyphs. Source: The Journal of Egyptian Archaeology, Vol. 37 (Dec., 1951), pp. 38-46 Published by: Egypt Exploration Society
- Giovino, Mariana. 2006. Egyptian Hieroglyphs on Achaemenid Period Cylinder Seals. Source: Iran, Vol. 44 (2006), pp. 105-114 Published by: British Institute of Persian Studies
- Briefly Noted Source: Studies in American Indian Literatures, Series 2, Vol. 4, No. 1 (Spring 1992), pp. 83-84 Published by: University of Nebraska Press. On Thompson, J. Eric. A Catalog of Maya Hieroglyphs (U of Oklahoma P).
LANGUAGE, SCIENCE AND VARIOUS RELATED:
- Knowlson, James R. A. 1968. Note on Bishop Godwin's "Man in the Moone:" The East Indies Trade Route and a "Language" of Musical Notes. Modern Philology, Vol. 65, No. 4 (May, 1968), pp. 357-361. The University of Chicago Press
- Tunstall, Kate E. 2000. Hieroglyph and Device in Diderot's "Lettre sur les sourds et muets".Source: Diderot Studies, Vol. 28 (2000), pp. 161-172 Published by: Librairie Droz
- Enigma Cipher Machine. Cryptomuseum. Web source: http://bit.ly/1KYu5JJ . Last visited 1, July 2015
- Hutchinson, Peter. Kafka's Private Alphabet. Source: The Modern Language Review, Vol. 106, No. 3 (July 2011), pp. 797-813 Published by: Modern Humanities Research Association
- Myhrvold, Nathan. Supporting Science. 1998. Source: Science, New Series, Vol. 282, No. 5389 (Oct. 23, 1998), pp. 621-622. Published by: American Association for the Advancement of Science.
- M. Hartley, Joseph. 2003. ENCRYPTION. Source: GPSolo, Vol. 20, No. 4, Security and Ethics (JUNE 2003), pp. 10-14 Published by: American Bar Association
- ZM Smith, D Bertrand, AJ Oxenham, Chimaeric sounds reveal dichotomies in auditory perception. Nature. 416, 87–90 (2002)
SPECIFIC BIBLIOGRAPHY AND LISTS:
Be Hubbard and Ronald L. Rivest List (until 1995)
Bibliography of Secret Sharing
Bibliography on Authentication Codes
- Wei Li, Xiangyang Xue. An Audio Watermarking Technique That Is Robust Against Random Cropping. Published by: The MIT Press. Computer Music Journal, Vol. 27, No. 4 (Winter, 2003), pp. 58-68
- Bassia, P., L. Pitas, and N. Nikolaidis. 2001. "Robust Audio Watermarking in the Time Domain." IEEE Trans- actions on Multimedia 3:232-242.
- Boney, L., A. H. Tew, and K. N. Hamdy. 1996. "Digital Watermarks for Audio Signals." IEEE International Conference on Multimedia Computing and Systems. Piscataway, New Jersey: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, pp. 473-480.
- Cox, I. J., et al. 1996. "Secure Spread Spectrum Water- marking for Images, Audio and Video." Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing. Piscataway, New Jersey: IEEE Signal Processing Soci- ety, pp. 243-246.
- Guhl, D., A. Lu, and W. Bender. 1997. "Echo Hiding." Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Information Hiding. Berlin. Springer, pp. 295-315.
- Kirovski, D., and H. S. Malvar. 2001. "Robust Spread- Spectrum Audio Watermarking." IEEE International Conference on Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing. Piscataway, New Jersey: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, pp. 1345-1348.
- Li, X., and H. H. Yu. 2000. "Transparent and Robust Audio Data Hiding in the Cepstrum Domain." Proceeding of the IEEE International Conference on Mult media and Expo. Piscataway, New Jersey: Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, pp. 397-402.
- Lu, C. S., H. Y. Liao, and L. H. Chen. 2000. "Multipur-pose Audio Watermarking." Proceedings of the 15th IAPR International Conference on Pattern Recognition. Surrey, UK: International Association for Pattern Recognition, pp. 282-285.
- Tilki, J. F., and A. A. Beex. 1996. "Encoding a Hidden Digital Signature onto an Audio Signal Using Psychoacoustic Masking." Proceedings of the 7th International Conference on Signal Processing Applications and Technology, pp. 476-480.
- Veen, M., W. Oomen, F. Bruekers, J. Haitsma, T. Kalker, Qiao, L. T., and N. Nahrstedty. 1999. "Non-Invertible and A. N. Lemma. 2001. "Robust, Multi-Functional and High Quality Audio Watermarking Technology." Convention paper of the 110th Convention Conference: Audio Engineering Society.
- Xu, C., Y. Zhu, and D. D. Feng. 2001. "Digital Audio Wamarking Based on Multiple-Bit Hopping and Human Auditory System." Proceedings of the ACM Multimedia. New York: Association for Computing Machinery, pp. 568-571.
- Simon Singh: The Code Book - The Secret History of codes and code-breaking. 1999. Very accessible and fun.
- Steganography in Digital Media: Principles, Algorithms, and Applications by Jessica Fridrich, Cambridge University Press 2010
- The Book of Nature - a religious and philosophical concept from Latin Middle Ages
- Medieval Arabic Picatrix: medieval and Renaissance astrological magic.
- Visual Encryptor (exe): http://compsci02.snc.edu/cs460/2003/busspr/VisualEncryptor.html
- Silent eye: http://www.silenteye.org/download.html?i2
- Email Encryption – GPG – http://www.gnupg.org/
- OTR – http://www.cypherpunks.ca/otr/
TOR – https://www.torproject.org/
BitLocker - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitLocker
- Cryptsetup and LUKS - open-source disk encryption - https://gitlab.com/cryptsetup/cryptsetup
- The CryptoGraphic Disk Driver - http://www.imrryr.org/~elric/cgd/
- SafeConsole Encryption Management Platform - https://safeconsole.com/