Call for Scores
In celebration of Lewis University's 75th Anniversary, Kansas City Kansas Community College, Lewis University and the Conservatory of
Music-University of Missouri at Kansas City are pleased to announce a call for scores for the Electronic Music Midwest Festival, to be held October 13-14, 2006 at Lewis University in the Chicagoland area. Each concert will feature an 8.1 speaker diffusion system. Any composer
regardless of region, age or nationality may submit up one work for consideration in the following categories:
1) Two channel works for tape alone
2) Up to Eight channel works for tape alone
3) Instrument(s) and tape or electronics
4) Works for video
5) Sound Installations and Interactive Media (composer must provide
all non-standard equipment)
6) Live Laptop works
7) Live Interactive works
In addition, submissions for research and technical papers, panel discussions, and technical demonstrations are also requested. Student submissions are strongly encouraged.
Deadline: May 1, 2006, postmark deadline (scores must arrive by May
Entry Fee: none
1) Accepted formats for consideration are CD, DTS CD, DVD, DVD-Audio. Multi-channel works, up to 8 channels, may be submitted as individual mono files (aiff or wav) on data-CD or data-DVD. A diagram must also be included describing the speaker assignment or placement of the sound files in a multi-channel sound system.
2) Submit a completed Application Form available at
Note, ìworks in progressî will be considered if a substantial portion of the work is submitted. For paper proposals, please submit an
abstract of topic and technical requirements. Composers and authors whose works are selected for this festival are required to submit a
$40 registration fee upon selection and must attend the festival.
Regrettably, we are not able to offer travel stipends or honorariums to festival participants at this time.
Submitted works can only be returned if an SASE in enclosed, else they will be archived for future considerations. EMM is not able to
consider works that do not conform to the guidelines outlined above.
For More Information:
Lewis University - Department of Music
One University Parkway
Romeoville, IL 60446
Send Submission Materials to:
KCKCC Music Department
7250 State Ave.
Kansas City, KS 66112
__ __ __ __| o __ _|_ o
| ) ) (__) (__| | __) |_, |